Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Introduction

Hello everyone!

As you know, I am heavily preparing for my life changing and all-around awesome trip to Beijing, China for the Summer Olympics. I've never planned so much in my life before, from dealing with passports and visas, to trying to figure out which events I really want to see. I will be in China from Aug. 5-17, and although that may seem like a long time, it isn't nearly enough to enjoy the country AND the Olympics.
A few of the events I will definitely have to see are as follows:
  • Men's and Women's swimming (gotta love Ryan Lochte and Aaron Peirsol!)
  • Men's basketball (Especially since the USA team is extremely amazing and actually wants to do well this year)
  • Women's and Men's gymnastics. (My friend Steph is OBSESSED with this sport, so she totally got me hooked..)
  • Women's beach volleyball ( My little sister really wants me to check this out)
  • Track and Field (I love these events so much)

That's the list for now. I feel like 2 weeks isn't enough to fully experience China, but at the same time, I feel so lucky to even be able to make this trip.

One of the more interesting facts about my trip is that I will be doing the 2 weeks with people I've never met. I got accepted into this Olympic experience through another university's sports management program and it's quite a unique situtation, I almost feel like meeting at the airport is going to be similiar to the first episode of a reality show when everyone meets each other for the first time.

I have approximately 2 weeks left before I jet overseas...so now I'm just trying to juggle work, friends, family and packing. Hope everyone is well!

Let the countdown begin!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! We are so proud of you! It will be an "Amazazing" experience.
Will keep checking your Blog for any updates. Have Fun and Rock On!!!!

Delma, Jesse, Stacey & Zeke

Anonymous said...

Dearest daughter, first born,Kisha:

You site looks great!!
Just noticed your "approximately" was misspelled...Spellcheck...once in a while... but it looks great!

So proud of ya!
xoxo
:p Poppa

Kisha said...

hahaha Thanks dad..

:)

Miss ya

Anonymous said...

uni and I heard that the Olympics will have the First Football competition ever to replace the softball and guess what...Tom Brady is spearheading the US team

love ya

;-)
Dad

Anonymous said...

Alright, so your blog looks awesome...
Dads comments look lame. hahaha.
i hope you're having fun. Make it to beach VOLLEYBALL. Misty May called me to make sure if you were going to watch her, and i told her yess... so, dont let her down. haha.

i miss you. Be safe. I love you!
-Kareee. :]]

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having fun what a tremendous experience. don't let your dad spell check my message. great pictures keep us posted gotta luv the gymnastics haha take care liz doty