Monday, July 21, 2008

Traveling = Stress

Wow, this so crazy. The stress of leaving the country is finally starting to hit me. I've just been so concerned with trying to enjoy my summer with my best friends, that I've actually looked passed all the things that really need to be done before my trip. In an effort to become organized, I've constructed tables with specific areas that I can physically write a check mark as I pack the listed item. I know this is extremely OCD, but something about checking something off on a piece of paper makes me feel incredibly accomplished.

I got the schedule for Men's basketball and the USA team will be playing China in the preliminaries. I might try to catch this game because of 2 things:
  1. I 'm a huge Rockets fan and want to see Yao Ming in action.
  2. The USA team seems really promising this time around. Lebron, Carmelo, Kobe, Dwayne and Chris? Oh! So exciting!!!!

It's 2 and half weeks, it's not like I'm moving to Beijing. I highly doubt that all the clothes that I've packed are really necessary. I always manage to bring one piece of clothing so greatly ridiculous that it just makes me laugh when I unpack it at my destination. I remember when I moved to Orlando, FL I unpacked a long sleeved sweater dress. Why, for the life of me, did I pack something like that in a place where the temperature didn't go below 92 degrees is beyond me. Somewhere in my logic, I justified that a cold front AND a dressy event would occur at the same time in August, in central Florida, in which a sweater dress would be needed.


NOTE TO SELF: No sweater dress in Beijing.

I just got off the phone with my mom. She always manages to talk some sense into me, thank God I get to go home for a few days before the big trip. I have some bonding to do with the family.

13 days till Beijing.....

1 comment:

tank top said...

Yay?!!? 13 days and I'll be wishing I was in China too... Lucky... Have fun and bring back fun stuff when you come back to RI