Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pearls and the Weekend Market

Date: August 9, 2008
Location: The Pearl Market
Time: 7:30 pm

Shopping was all we did today. I had actually bought a really amazing book before me trip here to Beijing and the weekend market was definitely one of the must things to do while visiting China. It was like the markets they have in Progresso, except that they yell things in Chinese and will chase you down a whole block if you walk away while they're trying to haggle prices.

I bought a few interesting things for my family and friends. The coolest thing I bought is for ever-so-awesome brother. That being said, he better love it. :)
The hot weather was really bearing down on us so we decided that we all wanted to head over to the infamous Pearl Market. Guys let me tell you, 5 floors of all pearls. Lots of vendors and with that, comes with lots of fake ones. The 4th floor was where all the real and legitimate vedors were. There were strands and strands of beautiful differently colored pearls. I bought some for all the wonderful girls in my life.



Unlike the other days, this was a quieter day. We went home and I finally got some sleep.

No comments: