Friday, August 15, 2008

Why isn't handball an American sport?!?!

Date: August 13, 2008
Location: Bed
Time: 1:30 am
Wow it's a little late for an entry but I'm kinda running behind. Sorry guys! So here's the question of the day, "Why isn't Handball and American sport?" Honestly, after seeing it today, I cannot understand why this isn't popular in the states: it's violent, fast paced and involved people having to be ice-packed to health. I'm seriously considering starting a team at my school. Look out Johnson & Wales! For those who want to know what Handball is, it is actually a nice combination of dodge ball, hockey, basketball and ultimate frisbee. It's a pretty easy concept.














This was probably my favorite event to watch, other than gymnastics and beach volleyball of course. After the 2nd game was over, the underdogs from Hungry won by 1 point. I managed to get myself in the madness of the fans. It did produce some awesome pictures though (Who is that random Asian guy?!). GO HUNGARY!

That morning I joined my Canadian friend Derek for a baseball game: Canada Vs. China. I don't know why, but we keeping getting lucky with these China tickets. Canada won by a landslide and although it was a thousand degrees at 9 in the morning, it was still a fun time. It was fun pretending to be a Canadian!
You know what's been the best part about this trip? I've learned to be relaxed. There are so many times in this city where people could easily freak out. I have managed to keep my cool, except maybe when I get really hungry...that's when I just lost all control :) Oh yeah, I hope everyone is having a great summer! I miss you all.
I need to give a shout out to my cousin Kerry in Canada. She's awesome.

No comments: